Solarwinds Inc. Senior Architect in Ottawa, Ontario
SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 150,000 customers worldwide - from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. We believe that the IT pros who use our products everyday should be excited about them. That's why we put our users first in everything we do, and strive to deliver powerful functionality while making their jobs easier. We call it "user-centric software" and we believe that it's changing expectations for the enterprise software experience.
• Master one or more programming languages
• Demonstrated proficiency in multiple areas of programming (e.g. web development, concurrency, etc.)
• Marked interest in exploring and utilizing new technologies
• Supervise SWAGS for product features
• Perform code reviews
• Perform feature analysis reviews
• Understand the pros and cons of various architectural approaches to building software
• Develop prototypes to evaluate technical solutions
• Perform research necessary to solve complicated technical issues
• Perform exploratory research
• Perform build/buy analysis
• Mentor developers and architects
• Set the technical direction for one or more products
• Effectively represent the product with other stakeholders within SolarWinds
• Strive to understand customer scenarios and use new technical solutions to deliver innovative products
• Work early on with Product Managers to identify technical risks and unknowns for new product releases
• Communicate the technical vision with the Engineering team, Product Managers and other stakeholders.
• Communicate the various approaches researched to solve a problem.
• 10+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years of SaaS based architecture experience
• 2+ years of AWS Experience
Nice to have :
• Container based development experience (Kubernetes)
• Knowledge of encryption and/or security technologies
• GoLang, PHP
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2020-14276
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP