Solarwinds Inc. Senior Manager, Customer Success in Morrisville, North Carolina
SolarWinds develops best-of-breed monitoring products. The SaaS product suite designed for developers and operations professionals comprises
Papertrail: Log aggregation and search for real-time troubleshooting
AppOptics: Server, Infrastructure, and Application Performance Monitoring
Pingdom: Uptime, RUM (real user monitoring), and DEM (digital experience monitoring)
Loggly: Log analytics
SolarWinds is looking for a Director to lead our Customer Success team. Customer Success is absolutely vital achieving high growth through production adoption.Success requires that our customers are receiving high value from our products. We are searching for Director to own driving success for our customers. This role includes responsibilities for Customer Success activities (e.g., on-boarding, escalation support, adoption, advocacy, retention, etc.) and outcomes (e.g., renewals, churn, etc.). As the internal voice of the customer, your team will provide valuable product feedback into the internal organizations to improve the customer experience.
● Drive customer success outcomes - Increase renewal rates and reduce churn, influence customer lifetime value through high product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall net promoter scores, drive new business growth through customer advocacy
● Build and lead a team of customer champions that will manage customer relationships, understand customers’ pain points, technical landscape, and business goals; identify how SolarWinds products can best meet their needs.
● Analyze user behavior data to detect patterns and define activity scores. Leverage the reports to automate customer campaigns geared towards increasing feature adoption and preventing churn.
● Communicate directly with customers as well as data driven analysis of customer behavior to predict churn and measure feature adoption.
● Define and optimize customer lifecycle - Map the customer journey, develop listening points in journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.), standardize interventions for each point in journey, define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
● Measure effectiveness of customer success - Define operational metrics, establish system for tracking metrics, create cadence for internal review and share key performance indicators with executive team
● Enhance effectiveness through technology - scale is critical and effectiveness requires consistent processes through many systems including: help desk, customer analytics and customer marketing
● Internal customer advocacy - as the internal voice of the customer, drive internal alignment across Marketing, Product and Sales.
● 5+ years relevant work experience in a customer-facing roles such as customer success, customer support, sales engineering, account management or strategic consulting organization in a SaaS company.
● Experience collaborating directly with Sales, Customer Support and Product/Engineering.
● Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
● Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
● Highly Analytical and process-oriented mindset
● Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
● Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
● Experience with Salesforce, Service Cloud, Totango/Gainsight is a plus.
● Data driven: experience with BI tools such as Tableau is a plus.
● Bachelor's degree preferred
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2018-11705
# Positions 1
Position Type Regular
Business Group SolarWinds