Solarwinds Inc. Technical Support Rep, Intermediate in Lehi, Utah
Successful candidate will be responsible for providing world-class technical support for our global customers utilizing our award-winning network management software. Candidate will be responsible for answering technical support questions via telephone, email and other channels as defined. The ideal candidate will have both technical credentials and a friendly consultative approach to solving customer problems.
• Respond to and/or initiate technical troubleshooting sessions with customers - via phone, email and remote session
• Interact with customers at all levels, with demonstrated ability to communicate with both the very basic user to the technically advanced (Network Administrators, System Administrators)
• Manage and work support tickets per industry best practices utilizing existing CRM systems
• Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical customers
• Coordinate the resolution of technical issues with Advanced Support Teams and escalate issues per pre-established guidelines
• Contribute to our Knowledge-base (author and edit knowledge-based articles)
• Maintain working lab systems to facilitate reproduction of customer issues
• Other related duties as appropriate and required
• Reports to the Technical Support Manager
• At least 2 - 3 years of demonstrated experience in Network Administration/System Administration including experience with installation, service, and administration of a medium to a large multi-server environment
• Minimum 2 years supporting and administering network devices and systems including: routers, firewalls, switches, or wireless access points
• Knowledge of common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and Database Systems Administration
• Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 logging and reporting concepts
• Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Windows platform (Win7/8/8.1/10 Windows Server (2008/2012/2016/2019 etc.)
• Linux background is a plus
• Advanced troubleshooting experience (PC hardware/software, browsers, etc.)
• Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
• Experience in a 24/7/365 work schedule environment
• Professional certifications are a plus: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or work experience
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2020-14215
# Positions 1
Position Type Regular
Business Group Core IT