Solarwinds Inc. UX Designer in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
SolarWinds MSP is seeking a creative, data centric and highly motivated UX Designer to become a valued member of our product team and to bring simplicity and delight to our marvellous users, who are in a nutshell, superheroes, providing IT services to small businesses everywhere.
As a UX Designer at SolarWinds MSP, your job is to enable those superheroes to do their job, and honestly, that’s an awesome feeling. As part of an experienced UX team of Designers and Researchers, you’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, development, product marketing, executives, architecture and other company stakeholders.
You bring a strong customer focus coupled with a data-driven approach. You can work well with minimal direction but you’re big on collaboration, you stand up for the users' needs, and are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your team members are global, so we rely as heavily on our virtual tools as we do on in-office teamwork.
How does the day look?
• Work with other UX Designers, UX Researchers, Product Managers, Developers and other stakeholders to discover and understand user needs.
• Turn high level product requirements into workflows and designs through close collaboration with UX Researchers.
• Take a complex, technical problem and make an attractive, easy-to-use UI.
• Make mockup solutions to usability issues quickly – design solutions in minutes and hours, not days and weeks.
• Thoughtfully incorporate feedback from many channels (product team members, users, quantitative analytics, etc.) into design revisions.
• Champion the user while defining UX opportunities and identifying use cases.
• Detail the user experience through workflows and user interface (UI) mockups.
• Create interactive prototypes for remote usability testing.
• Share and communicate designs with cross-functional, global teams for review and feedback.
• Contribute to user interface design best practices and standards, using our Design System.
What the UX designer does NOT do?
• Work on the SolarWinds MSP web site or create marketing banners and advertisements.
• Spend days making things look cool or pretty. We all like pretty but making software that’s easy-to-use is critical to our business. Our sales method dictates that users must see value within an hour of using our software for evaluation. We focus on easy-to-use over pretty.
What skills do you need to bring with you?
• Previous working experience within the UX industry, designing web applications.
• Portfolio demonstrating excellence in digital product design, including user flows, wireframes and sitemaps.
• Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills including being comfortable when presenting.
• A “no project too big or too small” attitude and a strong visual design aesthetic and ability.
• Be comfortable working in Adobe XD, Sketch, Marvel, Photoshop, Illustrator, Abstract & Jira.
• Have knowledge of current web trends and technology.
• Be creative and drive design efforts on medium to large size projects and able to validate designs with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience testing designs and software for usability.
Nice to haves but not essential
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Extensive prototyping experience.
• Have some HTML/CSS experience.
• Conducted remote usability testing sessions with customers.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2020-15080
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP