Solarwinds Inc. Technical Lead Developer in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Are you an experienced software developer with a passion for building cutting edge software solutions with a passion for delivering great products in a fast-paced environment? Do you love using the latest technology and working in a fast-paced agile and innovative environement.? Are you a team player who loves to collaborate with others? Then SolarWinds could be the new rewarding challenge you are looking for. SolarWinds is the leading global provider of complete IT Management and Automation Solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
Our award-winning product suite includes the industry's #1 RMM Service Automation Platform and has a proven track record of helping MSPs standardise and automate the setup and delivery of IT Services in order to achieve true scalability. We believe that the MSPs who use our products everyday should be excited about them. Thats's why we put our users first in everything we do. and strive to deliver poweful finctionality while making their jobs easier.
We are looking for a Technical Lead Developer to join our RMM Team and help advance our suite of products. The ideal candidate has a passion for scalable and robust cloud software, Simple UX, developer productivity and an appetite to constantly learn and improve. if you enjoy working in a team of smart people and share the same passion for engineering with them, we'd love to talk with you.
• Build secure, scalable, distributed and fault-tolerant cloud-based systems, following Agile development processes
• Lead the design, implementation, and testing of new features
• Mentor junior team members, provide technical guidance, and share best practices both within and outside the team
• Continually identify areas of improvement with respect to product supportability, development process, quality, and technology stack
• Investigate and resolve complex technical issues with simple and elegant solutions
• Perform code reviews at all levels
• Be self-driven with focus on continuous improvement, achieving team goals and overall project delivery milestones
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Ideally 7+ years designing and developing commercial software
We expect you to have:
• Expert level experience of at least two of the following - Java, C#, PHP, C++, Python.
• Expert level knowledge of both frontend (HTML/CSS/JS) and backend (web applications, APIs/REST) development.
• Excellent understanding of object oriented or functional programming.
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases and how to write and optimise queries.
• Expert skills with one or more version control systems – ideally Git.
• Great communication skills, both written and spoken.
We’d love you to have:
• Familiarity with Microservices and Serverless architectures.
• Experience with Docker/K8s, Angular or React or AWS (especially EKS.)
• Experience with industry leading CI/CD practices and build configuration management.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13281
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP