Solarwinds Inc. DevOps Engineer in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We currently have an opportunity for a Development Operations Engineer to join our team in Edinburgh supporting our flagship SaaS offering. This is a highly collaborative role with your team, working closely with the product engineering teams to consult on the optimal deployment configurations, shepherd new projects, and provide ongoing operational support. The Solarwinds MSP family of SaaS offerings and their underlying infrastructure are both experiencing substantial growth.
The DevOps Engineer will play a meaningful part in supporting the 24x7 availability and ongoing growth of our service offerings. You will possess a high degree of technical skill, have a collaborative approach to problem solving, and understand the importance of stabilizing operational decisions against total cost of ownership. We're a multi-office, multi-timezone team and so communication skills and self management are very important to us.
• The operations team will work closely with the ‘project team’ who will be working on longer term projects (right now, the move to AWS is the big one)
• The role would involve working on planned and unplanned operations work – for example, incident management (with support from the wider team), break/fix of our existing systems, release management and support, systems maintenance, managing requests from other internal teams, building out new systems, ensuring configuration management is updated, troubleshooting and remediating any issues flagged by out monitoring, continuous improvement of our existing systems from an operations point of view etc.
• Furthermore, this will include onboarding new operations staff and in particular ensuring offshore staff are able to adequately perform their role (provided with training, processes are set and work supervised etc)
• Support 24x7 availability of our customer facing services as part of a rotating on call rota
• Strong Linux knowledge, with experience working in Production, ideally at some scale
• Experience with orchestration and automation tools (we predominantly use Ansible but recognise the transferability of concepts across other tooling)
• Experience with MySQL, design, installation and operation. Experience with performance optimisation and debugging highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of AWS deployments at scale (EC2/VPCs/RDS/CloudFormation and Terraform a bonus)
• The ability and the willingness to debug and find the root cause of Production issues• Understanding of networking (firewalls, load balancers, separation of public and private networks)
• Scripting and systems-related programming skills (Ansible, Python, BASH all appropriate)
• A deep understanding of SCRUM based agile would be conducive.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13956
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP