Solarwinds Inc. DevOps Engineer in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We currently have an opportunity for a Development Operations Engineer to join our team in Edinburgh supporting our flagship SaaS offering. This is a highly collaborative role with your team, working closely with the product engineering teams to consult on the optimal deployment configurations, shepherd new projects, and provide ongoing operational support. The Solarwinds MSP family of SaaS offerings and their underlying infrastructure are both experiencing substantial growth.
The DevOps Engineer will play a meaningful part in supporting the 24x7 availability and ongoing growth of our service offerings. You will possess a high degree of technical skill, have a collaborative approach to problem solving, and understand the importance of stabilizing operational decisions against total cost of ownership. We're a multi-office, multi-timezone team and so communication skills and self management are very important to us.
• You will work with Architecture and Engineering to optimize deployments
• You will help and support and develop automation and orchestration capabilities which allow us to operate at scale including the building and running of our infrastructure and product code bases
• You will participate in delivery of new service offerings, collaborate with development team to deliver low latency, high performance, highly available applications
• Support 24x7 availability of our customer facing services as part of a "1 in 5" on call rota based on being on call for a week at a time
• Provide operation support for our databases (predominantly MySQL)
• Design, implement and test robust failover and disaster mitigation and recovery procedures
• Strong Linux knowledge, with experience working in Production, ideally at some scale
• Experience with orchestration and automation tools (we predominantly use Ansible but recognise the transferability of concepts across other tooling)
• Experience with MySQL, design, installation and operation. Experience with performance optimisation and debugging highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of AWS deployments at scale (EC2/VPCs/RDS/CloudFormation and Terraform a bonus)
• Debugging skills to find the causes of production issues
• Understanding of networking (firewalls, load balancers, separation of public and private networks)
• Scripting and systems-related programming skills (Ansible, Python, BASH all appropriate)
• A deep understanding of SCRUM based agile would be conducive.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-12944
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP