Solarwinds Inc. Manager, Engineering in Durham, NC, North Carolina
The Solarwinds cloud business was formed through carefully orchestrated acquisitions of numerous young and innovative SaaS businesses. We use the latest technologies, we are agile, and since are an all SaaS business we are fast! We are focused on building amazing, scalable products for our customers. We maintain a fun, exciting, dynamic startup culture based upon teams of extremely talented people. We do have the added benefit of being we having corporate financial backing which allows us to explore non-organic growth opportunities and additional investment for strategic initiatives! The Cloud business is critically important to the future growth of Solarwinds Inc.
You could be a part of:
A high growth business and a high velocity startup-like environment who builds disruptive market leading offerings in cloud native applications, infrastructure, and performance monitoring,
Building products that scale to numbers you haven’t seen before and satisfy our over 1,000,000 global users (and a long list of top international companies),
Committing, issuing a PR, and releasing your contributions quickly to our users via our CI/CD processes
Where you will contribute, learn from other talented people, and be given opportunities to grow.
A team that uses the latest communication and development tools to work closely and efficiently across our globally distributed teams including Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic, and multiple sites in the U.S.A
A great team who will value you!
Below is a summary of our Monitoring Cloud portfolio of Products and the primary problem they solve for nearly 1 million end users.
Pingdom – Digital experience and end user monitoring
AppOptics – Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and custom metrics for code-level insights
Papertrail – Cloud-hosted log management for troubleshooting
We are looking for talented people who like to solve challenging problem with energy!
Build, Manage and inspire a strong development team
Lead a team of software engineers through project iteration, execution and deployment
Work closely with each direct staff member to assess and improve their skills and partner with them on defining career paths.
Ensure clarity on project iteration scope, and delivery against iteration schedule
Track and manage project schedules to releases deadlines
Coordinate support issues requiring an escalation for immediate resolution
Work with team members to ensure proper quality control coverage for a release
Drive best practices and continuous improvements in operational and engineering excellence.
Daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff
Lead and participate in technology discussions and planning with product management
Communicate status, risks to schedules and offer mitigation strategies to ensure timely delivery of all committed projects across the delivery teams
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong hands on background in engineering excellence in iteration development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
• Passion for continuous improvement through innovation and creative thinking
• Deep hands-on technical expertise with the latest Cloud/SaaS technologies.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Strong technical background in full stack application development
• Significant experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
• Proven passion around personal and professional development of direct reports
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience with SaaS based deployments (or similiar Cloud) (including automated testing)
• Experience building distributed systems
• Scrum master certification
• Experience with web application development and API development
• Experience leading geographically distributed engineering team
• Experience implementing micro-service based deployments
• 7+ years of experience designing, developing, and deploying software
• 4+ years of experience leading or managing a development and test team
• Experience with Ruby on Rails
• Experience with Clojure is a plus
• Experience with RabbitMQ (or another messaging system)
Job ID 2018-10828
# Positions 1
Position Type Permanent
Business Group SolarWinds Cloud