Solarwinds Inc. Software Test Engineer in Dundee, United Kingdom
SolarWinds MSP is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Our award-winning product suite includes the industry’s #1 RMM Service Automation Platform and has a proven track record of helping MSPs standardise and automate the setup and delivery of IT services to achieve true scalability. We are passionate that the MSPs who use our products everyday should be excited about them. That's why we put our users first in everything we do and strive to deliver powerful functionality while making their jobs easier.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will ensure our software is robust, fit for purpose and with a strong focus on quality. You will help define and design the product, developing and maintaining automated tests as well as running manual tests, while also playing a role in the continuous integration software development lifecycle environment. As a QA engineer you will develop and execute functional, regression and exploratory tests to ensure product quality. You will be expected to support the team leader in fulfilling the commitments of the team, by estimating, testing and delivering high quality applications in a consistent way. Also, as a senior member of the team we'll expect you to step into the leader's role from time to time and play an integral part of mentoring more junior developers and testers.
• Participate in all aspects of the content QA product lifecycle: understand the product requirements, automated test creation, feature, regression, integration, end-to-end test execution;
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
• Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change;
• Find and precisely describe, reproduce and rate bugs;
• Verify and validate bug fixes;
• Communicate status and escalate issues in a timely fashion;
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
• Assist in the design for automation;
• Maintaining testing documentation;
• Perform root cause analysis on defects in test environment;
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• Ideally 3+ years of experience in software quality assurance;
• Experience developing automated tests
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
• Solid understanding of the development processes;
• Effective listening and ability to communicate professionally both verbally and written in English (Intermediate level and higher);
• Experience testing web applications and APIs
• Teamwork and a good attitude are essential.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13613
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP