Solarwinds Inc. Software Engineering Manager in Dundee, United Kingdom
Who we are
SolarWinds MSP is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Our award-winning product suite includes the industry’s #1 RMM Service Automation Platform and has a proven track record of helping MSPs standardise and automate the setup and delivery of IT services to achieve true scalability. We are passionate that the MSPs who use our products everyday should be excited about them. That's why we put our users first in everything we do and strive to deliver powerful functionality while making their jobs easier.
At SolarWinds we are always striving to move forward! Our Engineering teams are encouraged to always take a proactive approach to technical innovation. They are given relative autonomy to select the best technology and toolset to solve the problem at hand. We host most of our applications within Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud infrastructure, and we are increasingly utilising Docker containers and Kubernetes for the deployment of our infrastructure.
Engineers are always given ample opportunities to research new technologies and the benefit they can bring to our fast-paced, but exciting environment. Currently, we have a growing list of microservices written in Java, C# and golang, utilising Event driven architecture, supported by Kafka.
You’ll lead a multi-functional development team within our Engineering department using the latest tools and agile techniques to solve complex problems at scale. Your team will develop, deliver and support features from start to finish within a team of peers.
What you’ll bring with you;
• You are experienced in leading a high performing, agile software development team
• You are passionate about developing your people and helping them succeed
• You have a track record of delivering on your, and your team’s, commitments
• You have built up a breadth and depth of knowledge in a range of technologies
• You know great code when you see it and doggedly advocate doing things the right way
• You desire to take ownership of your product area, ensuring quality at every stage
• You communicate transparently with colleagues at every level
• You have experienced the benefits of continuous integration and deployment
• You know how to balance delivery of new product features with resolving technical debt
• You love performing code reviews and giving and receiving constructive criticism
• You understand source control and how a team should use it
What we'll give you:
• An attractive salary topped up with a company bonus scheme
• A matched pension contribution scheme
• Health insurance and life assurance
• A relaxed place to work with casual dress, games room and free lunches twice a week
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13507
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP