Solarwinds Inc. Manager, Technical Support in Dundee, United Kingdom
SolarWinds MSP is the world’s leading SaaS based software developer for IT Service Management Platforms. We develop and operate a set of global SaaS solutions including; Remote Monitoring and Management systems, Managed Security solutions, Data Backup, and eMail security. Our platform is available 24*7 and services thousands of customers worldwide.Our continued success in the market has created the need for a Manager of Technical Support who can enhance our organization and contribute to the evolution of our suite of world-class enterprise management software. The successful candidate is a proven leader and will have experience managing a team of Technical Support Analysts.
The Manager is responsible for ensuring timely resolution of client issues as well as high client satisfaction and will act as the primary escalation point for clients. They will be able to understand and lead their direct reports through responding to technical issues, working across departments to drive issue resolution and escalating issues when necessary.
Manage the day to day operations of the Contact Center including recruiting, training, mentoring, motivating and managing a staff of Support Analysts
· Monitor case load and ensure adherence to the SLA
· Mentor direct reports provide growth opportunities and conduct performance reviews
· Monitor KPIs to measure team performance and drive process improvement
· Compile efficiency metrics and present recommendations to management to drive change
· Handle client issue escalation and resolution through all levels of an organization
· Assign and manage projects based on new product releases, call related issues and/or training needs within the organization. Track projects and initiates documentation based on project successes
· Provide empathy and understanding of client issues and the impact on their business operations
· Able to develop individual and team objectives to contribute positively to organizational goals and direction
· Establish effective processes and practices for knowledge sharing and communication
· Work with Technical Support, Business, Development, and Quality Assurance teams to escalate and resolve defects
· Review departmental communication and processes, recommend improvements and drive efficiency
· Review Satisfaction Survey data and leverage feedback to coach direct reports and drive satisfaction
· Ensure coverage for off hours issues as defined by the SLA
· 5-7 years of technical experience with 2+ years at the management level
· Hands-on software support experience combined with strong management and communication skills.
· Skilled at problem-solving, decision making, and negotiations.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate at all levels of an organization
· Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Able to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
· Experience working with Salesforce and understanding of SaaS architecture a plus
· Proven ability to execute in a customer-focused environment and advocate for customers across a cross-functional organization.
· Demonstrated ability to manage changing and multiple priorities.
· Able to communicate verbally to technical and non-technical audiences and at all levels of the organization and across client base
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13237
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Support
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP