Solarwinds Inc. Technical Support Engineer in Cork, Ireland
Are you an expert troubleshooter with a passion for problem solving ? Do you relish working in a fast-paced, fast changing environment? Does playing a critical role in the support of industry-leading IT solutions, used by a community of 250,000+ IT professionals excite you? If so, we’d love to talk to you about our current opportunities in Solarwinds Technical Support.
As part of our Support Team, you would be an advocate for our customers, supporting them in the management of IT solutions that we deliver through our powerful Solarwinds family of IT management products. You will have the opportunity to work and train with some of the industries leading IT Management experts. A team that share your enthusiasm and drive for technology, investigation and learning. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex IT issues, the opportunity to build and use your knowledge and initiative in researching and solving complex IT problems.
Required Skills and Duties:
• Respond to and/or initiate technical troubleshooting sessions with customers - via phone, email and remote sessions
• Interact with customers at all levels, with demonstrated ability to communicate with both the very basic user to the technically advanced (Network Administrators, System Administrators)
• Manage and work support tickets per industry best practices utilizing existing CRM systems
• Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical customers
• Coordinate the resolution of technical issues with Advanced Support Teams and escalate issues per pre-established guidelines
• Contribute to our Knowledgebase (author and edit knowledge base articles)
• Maintain working lab systems to facilitate reproduction of customer issues
• Other related duties as appropriate and required
• Reports to the Technical Support Manager
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or work experience
• Ideally at least 2 years of demonstrated experience in Network Administration/System Administration including experience with installation, service and administration of a medium to large multi-server environment
• Preferablly a minimum 2 years supporting and administering network devices and systems including: routers, firewalls, switches, or wireless access points
• Knowledge of common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and Database Systems Administration
• Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience with Windows Server 20012/2016 logging and reporting concepts
• Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Windows platform ( Win10, Windows Server (20012 - 2016 etc.)
• Advanced troubleshooting experience (PC hardware/software, browsers, etc)
• Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
• Experience in a 24/7/365 work schedule environment
• Professional certifications are a plus: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international powerhouse in IT monitoring. APPLY Today to secure your chance for a new career with many advancement opportunities.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2020-14983
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Support
Position Type Regular
Business Group Core IT