Solarwinds Inc. Technical Pre-Sales Engineer- French Speaking in Cork, Ireland
The Pre-Sales Engineer provides customers, sales staff and channel partners with technical product advice during pre-sales discussions. They are also responsible for performing detailed online demonstrations during which they must effectively promote product features, answer audience questions and clearly ascertain the customer’s needs and requirements.
The Pre-Sales Engineer must demonstrate expert knowledge of the company’s products and will be required to assist customers wherever necessary during their product evaluations. This will include responding to technical queries via email, remote assistance, troubleshooting and solving moderately complex sales support problems. Qualified applicants will have a strong background in technical product support, network/system administration or relevant pre sales experience.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
• Performs technical pre-sales support activities in support of the company's products.
• Performs detailed online demonstrations during which they must effectively promote product features, answer audience questions and clearly ascertain the customer’s needs and requirements.
• Respond to technical queries via email, provide assistance with product configuration and customization, troubleshooting and solving moderately complex sales support problems
• Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products.
• Deliver product training to inside sales and channel partner sales teams.
• Work diligently to attain technical signoff on all assigned opportunities and secure a technical win.
• Convey customer feedback including feature requests and product issues to Product Management and Development teams
Required Skills and Experience:
• Excellent level of speaking, reading and writing in French. Native French speaker not required, however candidate will need to be able to conduct pre-sales engineering activities through French.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant Business or Computing discipline.
• Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills are critical for this position.
• A solid blend of technical ability, sales and customer interaction skills are required.
Solid experience in one of the below areas, or a general knowledge across multiple areas is required.
Technical - Networking:
• Experience with TCP/IP based networks required. Understanding of switching and routing.
• An understanding of Network Management protocols including SNMP is desirable, but not essential
• CCNA certification or equivalent 3 or more years of networking experience preferred.
Technical - Systems:
• Experience in Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 setup and administration.
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of windows-based applications.
• Basic-intermediate level experience with MS SQL Server highly desirable
• Scripting experience would be advantageous
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-12316
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Sales
Position Type Regular
Business Group SolarWinds