Solarwinds Inc. Business Intelligence/Analyst in Cork, Ireland
SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 100,000 customers worldwide - from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of IT professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today's complex IT environments.
The Global Business Intelligence team based at our Cork office is expanding. Our team provides business analytics, using feature-rich dashboards or ad-hoc analysis, to provide timely and user-friendly insights to business leaders and users throughout the company. We are looking for a Business Intelligence / Analyst with Tableau experience that is looking for an exciting new opportunity to join our team.
If you are passionate about data, using business intelligence tools and looking for a great next step for your career, then this is the job for you.
• Develop a strong understanding of business requirements
• Work with business users / business analysts to define technical and process requirements
• Quickly identify and solve problems in a dynamic environment
What you will do with Tableau
• Define, design, develop and deploy Dashboards
• Provide actionable insight across all business functions
• Leverage advanced Tableau capabilities
• Gather requirements on required data and partner with the ETL team to establish new, user-friendly data sources
• Assist the team in administrating Tableau Server
Presentation and Training
• Tableau Desktop & Web Edit functionality for internal users
• Deliver insights to relevant stakeholders
• Present to local and remote audiences verbally, written and via other communication platforms (Webex, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other analytics-related discipline
• Experience with Tableau dashboard design and delivery
• Passion for analytics and driving to results. Desire to help drive immediate improvement in data hygiene and sophistication of reporting.
• Hands on experience with T-SQL and Excel
• Strong attention to detail and focus on developing and enforcing good processes, including conducting regular assessments of Tableau content and data sources
• Excellent problem solving, design, debugging, and testing skills
• Software Sales / Renewal analysis experience an advantage
• Experience maintaining Business Intelligence solutions a plus
• Exposure to Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodologies and tools (JIRA, PMI, etc) a plus
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-12606
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Finance
Position Type Regular
Business Group SolarWinds