Solarwinds Inc. Test Engineer- MSP Backup Product in Bucharest, Romania
We are seeking for a Senior Quality Assurance engineer to join our team to develop SolarWinds MSP Backup and Recovery product.
Product consist of the Backup management server and Backup client.
It has a web-based UI that allows manipulating thousands of backup devices and customers, managing their configuration, displaying backup/restore statistics in a form of tables and charts. It is backed by services that provide JSON RPC and REST APIs. Backup client protects variety of different data sources like Files and Folders, System State, SQL databases, hypervisors, O365, etc.
We use automated testing to maintain our product stability – e2e, integration and unit-tests are an important part of our development workflow. We use regular code review processes to increase code quality.
As a QA engineer you will develop and execute functional, regression and exploratory tests to ensure product quality.
We are looking for a self-motivated, result-driven individual with good sense of detail, communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
· Participate in all aspects of the content QA product lifecycle: understand the product requirements, test case creation, feature, regression, integration, end-to-end test execution;
· Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
· Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change;
· Find and precisely describe, reproduce and rate bugs;
· Verify and validate bug fixes;
· Communicate status and escalate issues in a timely fashion;
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
· Assist in the design for automation;
· Maintaining testing documentation;
· Perform root cause analysis on defects in test environment;
· Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
· 2+ years of experience in software quality assurance;
· Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
· Solid understanding of the development processes;
· Effective listening and ability to communicate professionally both verbally and written in English (Intermediate level and higher);
· Proficiency in Windows operating systems: file structure, registry, event logs, boot, services, AD;
· Teamwork and a good attitude are essential.
· Experience in writing auto-tests;
· Understanding of networking terms, concepts and protocols;
· Knowledge of Linux, relational databases and SQL, virtualization technologies, web servers;
· Experience of work with Cloud environments: AWS, Azure;
· Experience in scripting languages: Python, bash, PowerShell;
· Experience in Agile methodologies.
Attractive salary and regular performance-dependent salary increases, annual bonus plan
Private medical subscription
Life & disability insurance
Extra leave days for seniority acquired within the company
Modern office facilities located centrally
Lots of space for self-development, personal growth, and opportunities to contribute
Possibility to get involved in our Social Responsibility Program
A team of high performing and passionate colleagues.
This is a full-time position
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13126
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group Core IT