Solarwinds Inc. Senior Developer in Bucharest, Romania
At SolarWinds we are always striving to move forward! Our Engineering teams are encouraged to always take a proactive approach to technical innovation. They are given relative autonomy to select the best technology and toolset to solve the problem at hand. We host most of our applications within Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud infrastructure, and we are increasingly using Docker containers and Kubernetes for the deployment of our infrastructure. Engineers are given ample opportunities to research new technologies and the benefit they can bring to our fast-paced, but exciting environment. Currently, we have a growing list of microservices written in Java, C# and Go, utilizing Event driven architecture, supported by Kafka.
• You should be self-driven, result oriented with a positive outlook and have a clear focus on high quality software.
• You’ll work as part of a cross-functional Agile team using the latest tools, methodologies and techniques to solve complex problems, both locally and at scale.
• You'll be involved in defining, testing, delivering and supporting features from start to finish within a team of peers.
• Ideally you’ll have at least five years’ experience with at least one of the following - Java, Go, C#, PHP or similar.
The knowledge we expect you to have:
• Frontend development: HTML/CSS/JS.
• Backend development: Web applications, APIs/REST
• Understanding of object oriented or functional programming
• Unit tests, TDD
• Relational databases and how to write SQL queries
• Version control (Git or SVN for example)
• Good communication skills, both written and spoken
What can make you stand out:
• Desire to learn new languages
• Angular or React frameworks
• AWS services (S3, EC2, DynamoDB, …)
• Netflixs Hystrix
• Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13276
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP