Solarwinds Inc. Engineering Manager in Bucharest, Romania
Who we are
This is an exciting opportunity to join well established team responsible for developing market leading software.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to fill in our Bucharest Office. SolarWinds MSP provides a market leading SaaS platform allowing thousands of Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to remotely monitor, protect, upgrade and restore millions of systems worldwide.
We have a Linux + Python + MySQL stack with Angular and Bootstrap frontend, with several other agents in order to support an autonomous, self-correcting, AI for email filtering. We're working with Python, CodeceptJS, Selenium, and other automation tools to support full-stack, security, and performance testing, within a continuous integration and deployment infrastructure.
You’ll lead a multi-functional development team within our Engineering department in Bucharest using the latest tools and agile techniques to solve complex problems at scale. You and your team will be accountable to develop, deliver and support features from start to finish.
• Coordinating the Development team
• Reporting, planning and administration
• Assigning tickets to each team member
• Making sure all internal processes are respected
• Work with the Engineering Director or Development Manager & Product Owner to balance feature work with technical debt
• Provides immediate supervision and support to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, delegating and checking work, and maintaining schedules.
• Provides direction and support to employees according to established policies and management guidance
• Help team members achieve the quality of work required by the project
• Participate in interviews to hire team members
• Actively participate in project releases to make sure they are successful
• Perform exploratory investigative work into new functional areas and technologies
• Support the Team Leads, Development Manager and Director of Engineering in achieving their goals
• Good coordination skills
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Good time management skills
• Precise personality
• Results oriented
• Pro-active and independent worker
• Debian Linux experience
• Bash scripting
• Solid understanding of agile software development process
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-13654
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group MSP