Solarwinds Inc. Associate Test Engineer in Bucharest, Romania
We are currently looking for a Junior Test Engineer for the product from our Tools portfolio to join our newly built team in Bucharest office.
The product you will be working on is called Web Help Desk and it’s a web application written in Java and Angular, designed for the management of tickets and assets. You can learn more or download this product here:
What would you do?
• Construct test cases for the defined test plan
• Manual testing of a web application
• Help with automation efforts
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Find and precisely describe, reproduce and rate bugs
• Verify and validate bug fixes
• Communicate status and escalate issues in a timely fashion
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Maintain testing documentation
• Perform root cause analysis on defects in test environment
• Influence the product on all levels starting from usability, architecture to backend implementation details
• Use Jira to track our project, Confluence to share ideas, TeamCity for continuous delivery and Bitbucket for version control and code reviews
What is needed for this position?
• Basic knowledge of OOP languages (e.g. C++, C#)
• Database knowledge, SQL
• Strong problem investigation, debugging and solving skills
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Solid understanding of the development processes
• English on communication level
• Be able to use technologies in a non-standard way, experimenting with their functionality, preventing bugs from occurring and spotting them instantly in the wild
• Be an enthusiastic and happy engineer, creating great products, just as we are
What are some desired (not required) skills?
• Experience in software quality assurance
• Experience working with Test Automation tools
• Experience in scripting (any language)
• Exposure to security related topics
We value potential as highly as experience.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2020-14074
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Regular
Business Group Core IT