Solarwinds Inc. Product Owner for Pingdom (Cloud) in Brno, Czech Republic
We are looking for technically oriented Product Owner, who will help us to build the best products for our SolarWinds Cloud portfolio. Our products are designed to help companies collect, visualize, store, trace, and create alerts on large amounts of streaming data to manage the health of their applications.
Pingdom is a key player in the SolarWinds Cloud product family. Since the start in 2006, Pingdom is focused on making the Internet faster and more reliable. We do this by creating easy to use tools and services for website owners, regardless of who they are and what size their websites are. We pride ourselves in building a powerful, yet easy-to-use service with a watchmaker’s focus on detail, design, and precision functionality.
There’s a ton of exciting challenges ahead if you’re interested in a service used by Facebook , Twitter , Spotify , MailChimp , and more than 700,000 other users from all over the world.
Product Owner collaborates with all stakeholders such as Product Management, Marketing, Sales Engineering and Support. A strong technical background combined with business oriented thinking, leadership skills and understanding basic UX principles is essential to succeed in this challenging and exciting role.
What a Product Owner does in SolarWinds Cloud team?
• Owns product backlog, helps balancing priorities (features, technical and architecture improvements, bugs, etc.).
• Translates and breaks down product requirements from various stakeholders to Epics and User Stories
• Plans and tracks releases based on engineering estimates and collaborates with other Product Owners on schedule synchronization and product backlog content
• Owns delivery of releasing on time; accepts finished work
• Drives sprint planning and review
• Coordinates product cross department activities as a primary contact (Support, Sales, Architecture, and other)
What is required to succeed in this position?
• 2+ years of experience working in agile software development process
• Strong agile mindset and understanding of agile values and principles
• Proven record in Software Engineering job - both technical and non-technical is acceptable (we need you to understand the technical aspect of your job)
• Track record of delivered commercial projects in the role of product owner, project manager, or development/engineering manager
• Excellent communication, leadership and problem-solving skills, ability to make hard decisions quickly
• Experience with IT technologies (Networking, Virtualization, Systems Management, Storage) – specifically Virtualization experience is a major plus
• Advanced English
What would be helpful, but not required?
• Experience with Scrum in scaled environment
• Experience with DevOps principles
• Experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
• Experience with large scale distributed applications
What awaits for you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
Among the many benefits are a competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii and Xbox360.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide 3 sick days, Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours and fruits in the kitchen.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2018-10763
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Permanent
Business Group SolarWinds Cloud