Solarwinds Inc. Junior Java Developer for Distributed Large-scale Systems in Brno, Czech Republic
The SolarWinds Cloud portfolio develops unique cloud-based platforms designed to help companies collect, visualize, store, trace, and create alerts on large amounts of streaming data to manage the health of their applications.
We are looking for full-time Junior Java Developer to help us build the new features for our applications which power our monitoring, tracing, and metrics service platforms used by nearly 1 million end users.
What will you do?
• Be a contributor to the SolarWinds Cloud backend architecture
• Build distributed systems using languages including Java 8 or Go
• Help drive the next generation of monitoring tools for cloud applications
• Work with massive datasets in a real-time distributed system
• Work with a distributed team of engineers across all layers of the product
What do we expect you to know/have?
The right candidate is adept at building scalable and highly-available systems in modern system languages. You are religious in using metrics to reason about the characteristics of an application, client library, or data store and use them to drive your decisions when shipping to production.
You are a developer who appreciates well-written code and cares about the impact of your design decisions on the user experience.
What is required for this position?
• Knowledge of Java or Go
• Passion for exploring emerging frameworks, libraries, technology stacks
• Understand the importance of metric instrumentation
• Experience developing in Linux environments
• Git and Maven savvy
• Solid understanding of unit testing concepts
• Comfortable with cloud-based deployment and remote teams
• Experience with ElasticSearch or willingness to learn it
• Able to write applications that use SQL databases
• Experience working with a remote team
• Experience with AWS cloud
What awaits you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and vegetable, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide meal vouchers, Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, 3 sick days per year and flexible working hours.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2018-10932
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Permanent
Business Group SolarWinds Cloud