The Solarwinds cloud business was formed through carefully orchestrated acquisitions of numerous young and innovative SaaS businesses. We use the latest technologies, we are agile, and since are an all SaaS business we are fast! We are focused on building amazing, scalable products for our customers. We maintain a fun, exciting, dynamic startup culture based upon teams of extremely talented people. We do have the added benefit of being we having corporate financial backing which allows us to explore non-organic growth opportunities and additional investment for strategic initiatives! The Cloud business is critically important to the future growth of Solarwinds Inc.
You could be a part of:
A high growth business and a high velocity startup-like environment who builds disruptive market leading offerings in cloud native applications, infrastructure, and performance monitoring,
Building products that scale to numbers you haven’t seen before and satisfy our over 1,000,000 global users (and a long list of top international companies),
Committing, issuing a PR, and releasing your contributions quickly to our users via our CI/CD processes
Where you will contribute, learn from other talented people, and be given opportunities to grow.
A team that uses the latest communication and development tools to work closely and efficiently across our globally distributed teams including Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic, and multiple sites in the U.S.A
A great team who will value you!
Below is a summary of our Monitoring Cloud portfolio of Products and the primary problem they solve for nearly 1 million end users.
Pingdom – Digital experience and end user monitoring
AppOptics – Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and custom metrics for code-level insights
Papertrail – Cloud-hosted log management for troubleshooting
We are looking for talented people who like to solve challenging problem with energy!
What would you be responsible for in this role?
You will develop new features for SaaS monitoring solution used by over 700 thousands of users worldwide.
Responsibilities and activities you will be involved in:
• Participating in an agile software development team by writing code, developing unit tests and performing code reviews
• You and your team will be responsible for the entire development process, from prototyping to development, testing and deployment
• Working closely with Product Owners to understand software requirements
• Troubleshooting and solving complex problems
What is required for this position?
• Experience with some relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, …)
• Knowledge of Linux
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Solid understanding of unit testing principles, at least basic practical experience with unit testing
• Solid understanding of development processes
• Ability to use English on a daily basis (reasonable spoken)
• 2+ years of working experience on a similar position
What are some desired (not required) skills?
• Knowledge of React , Angular, MVC would be additional advantage.
• Experience with developing distributed systems or SaaS
• Strong knowledge of MySQL or experience with non-relational DB (MongoDB is a big plus)
• Experience with RabbitMQ, Docker, Amazon Web Services
• Knowledge of Python, Go, PHP, Node.js or other programming languages
• Experience with agile development
What awaits you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and vegetable, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide meal vouchers, Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2018-10310
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Permanent
Business Group SolarWinds Cloud