Solarwinds Inc. Engineering Manager in Brno, Czech Republic
Hello, we are SolarWinds , a multinational software development company that creates cool IT management software that our customers love. You can contribute to its success by joining our Brno product development team, take responsibility of 1-2 product scrum teams and help shape its future success.
Responsibilities and activities you will be involved in:
• Drive team towards culture of continuous improvements and innovation
• Plan, identify, hire and develop employees with the skills needed by the team. Develop technical leadership and engineering competencies within the team
• Be direct manager of members of 1 - 2 Scrum teams
• Participate in feature discussions and high level analysis, oversee high level architecture design
• Working closely with Product Owners to understand software requirements and drivers of customer satisfaction. Ensure that the product delivers compelling features with great usability.
• Ensure that quality is a top priority of the engineering team
What is required for this position?
• Experience as a leader in a software development team
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Strong technical background, either in development or quality assurance
• Strong communication skills, English language proficiency
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Desire to learn new technologies
What are some desired (not required) skills?
• Advanced proficiency in one or more programming languages, related frameworks, and best practices
• Knowledge of Windows, .NET/C#, Java
• Experience with Continuous delivery/Continuous deployment
• Experience with Test Automation and unit testing
What awaits for you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii, and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours, and fruits in the kitchen.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2018-10430
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Permanent
Business Group SolarWinds