Solarwinds Inc. Technical Support Representative in Berlin, Germany
Named by Forbes as one of the top 10 fastest growing technology companies, SolarWinds delivers powerful and affordable IT management and monitoring software to over 100,000 customers worldwide – from Global 1000 enterprises to small businesses.
Are you an expert troubleshooter with a passion for problem solving ? Do you relish working in a fast-paced, fast changing environment? Does playing a critical role in the
support of industry-leading IT solutions, used by a community of 150,000+ IT professionals excite you? If so, we have an opening in our Berlin office.
A team that share your enthusiasm and drive for technology, investigation and learning. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex IT issues,
the opportunity to build and use your knowledge and initiative in researching and solving complex IT problems.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Respond to and/or initiate technical troubleshooting sessions with customers - via phone, email and remote sessions
• Interact with customers at all levels, with demonstrated ability to communicate with both the very basic user to the technically advanced
(Network Administrators, System Administrators)
• Manage and work support tickets per industry best practices utilizing existing CRM systems
• Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical customers
• Coordinate the resolution of technical issues with Advanced Support Teams and escalate issues per pre-established guidelines
• Contribute to our Knowledgebase (author and edit knowledge base articles)
• Maintain working lab systems to facilitate reproduction of customer issues
• Other related duties as appropriate and required
• Reports to the Technical Support Manager
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or work experience
• At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in Network Administration/System Administration including experience with installation,
service and administration of a medium to large multi-server environment
• Minimum 2 years supporting and administering a Active Directory environment. Knowledge of all Active Directory Partition. Schema, Configuration,
Domain and Application partition
• Kerberos V5 authentication process across a Multi-Domain Forest
• Permissions: NTFS and Share, CIFS/SMB
• Knowledge of SharePoint, SAP and Azure AD is desirable
• Knowledge of common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and SQL Database Systems Administration
• Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience with Windows Server 20012/2016
• Advanced troubleshooting experience (PC hardware/software, browsers, etc)
• Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
• Experience in a 24/7/365 work schedule environment
• Professional certifications are a plus: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, etc.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2018-12069
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Support
Position Type Regular
Business Group SolarWinds MSP