Solarwinds Inc. Technical Support Engineer in Berlin, Germany
SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 250,000 customers worldwide – from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of IT professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today’s complex IT environments.
Required Skills and Duties:
• Respond to and/or initiate technical troubleshooting sessions with customers - via phone, email and remote sessions
• Interact with customers at all levels, with demonstrated ability to communicate with both the very basic user to the technically advanced (Network Administrators, System Administrators)
• Manage and work support tickets per industry best practices utilizing existing CRM systems
• Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical customers
• Coordinate the resolution of technical issues with Advanced Support Teams and escalate issues per pre-established guidelines
• Contribute to our Knowledgebase (author and edit knowledge base articles)
• Maintain working lab systems to facilitate reproduction of customer issues
• Other related duties as appropriate and required
• Reports to the Technical Support Manager
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or work experience
• At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in Network Administration/System Administration including experience with installation, service and administration of a medium to large multi-server environment
• Minimum 2 years supporting and administering a Active Directory enviroment. Knowledge of all Active Directory Partition. Schema, Configuration, Domain and Application partition
• Kerberos V5 authentication process across a Multi-Domain Forest
• Premissions : NTFS and Share , CIFS/SMB
• Knowleged of Sharepoint , SAP and Azure AD is desirable
• Knowledge of common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and SQL Database Systems Administration
• Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience with Windows Server 20012/2016
• Advanced troubleshooting experience (PC hardware/software, browsers, etc)
• Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
• Professional certifications are a plus: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international powerhouse in IT monitoring. APPLY Today to secure your chance for a new career with many advancement opportunities. Preferences: APPLY Today to secure your chance for a new career with many advancement opportunities.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-12937
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Support
Position Type Regular
Business Group Core IT