Solarwinds Inc. VP, Talent Acquisition in Austin, Texas
Since its founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ mission has been to provide purpose-built products that are designed to make IT professionals’ jobs easier. SolarWinds offers value-driven products and tools that solve a broad range of IT management challenges across networks, servers, applications, storage, security, virtualization, and more.
SolarWinds distinguishes itself by refusing to accept the status quo established by most other software vendors. The vast majority of IT management tools are difficult to use, expensive, and do not address the realities of today’s real-world IT management challenges. However, the SolarWinds approach is to deliver "unexpected simplicity" and redefine the expectations IT Pros have for software.
SolarWinds is seeking a seasoned leader in global talent acquisition to set the vision, strategy and roadmap for the recruiting function in a high growth organization. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP of Global Talent Acquisition will develop and lead strategy to ensure that SolarWinds attracts, acquires and retains world-class talent. S/he will deliver a consultative approach to the business by providing relevant talent market insights and innovative sourcing strategies to meet a high volume of diverse requirements across the organization.
To be successful in this role, you must possess an entrepreneurial spirit, boundless resilience and the ability to navigate a culturally diverse workforce. If you are looking for a high-impact role, driving best practices and solutions across multiple orgs, then this is the job for you.
The Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition will:
• Provide vision, leadership, planning and management for strategic talent acquisition programs.
• Partner and develop key relationships with business leaders, internal hiring managers, hiring teams, HR partners and other stakeholders to recommend and successfully implement innovative and effective recruitment strategies.
• Work closely with leadership team on needs assessments and workforce planning.
• Leverage personal and professional networks, knowledge of talent communities, recruitment best practices and excellent judgment to counsel and guide hiring managers and HR professionals to hire the best talent. • Implement proactive branding strategies to elevate SolarWind’s reputation in the marketplace.
• Manage design and output of candidate materials, recruitment advertising and marketing components to ensure consistency across all recruiting activities.
• Professionalize the internal interview process to ensure effective and timely assessment of candidates and an optimal candidate experience.
• Drive strong talent pipelines by utilizing effective sourcing strategies to attract high-caliber candidates through social media, labor markets and industry-relevant communities.
• Set strategic and operational direction to support organization goals and expansions.
• Track relevant talent acquisition metrics and provide analytics for performance management and decision-making.
• Maintain awareness of current legal and compliance environment relating to hiring and recruitment activities both domestically and internationally.
• Identify and recommend new sourcing systems, processes or techniques to enhance efficiencies.
• Effectively partner with external vendors (agencies, staffing firms, research companies, etc.), and internal HR stakeholders (business partners, compensation and benefits, talent management) to ensure successful execution of hiring and on-boarding processes.
• Collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, regularly monitor the success of recruiting processes and develop recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Minimum 10-15 years human resources experience, with an emphasis in talent acquisition.
• Experience managing a team of 25+ recruiters across multiple locations both domestically and internationally.
• High growth experience as evidenced by 1,000+ annual hires.
• Experience leading and managing a diverse team dispersed globally; and the ability to inspire, motivate, and mentor.
• Strategic, high energy leader with high emotional intelligence and experience guiding senior business executives in rapidly changing environments.
• Strong business acumen with an innate ability to engage senior leaders and flex ideas according to business needs.
• Demonstrated success building attraction strategies for highly sought-after talent.
• Strategic ability to forecast and formulate talent acquisition strategies into actionable plans that are innovative and scalable.
• Strong relationship builder with ability to establish trust and credibility with colleagues.
• Experience leading and creating programs which develop and maintain a robust pool of talent.
• Proactive and self-motivated leader with ability to operate with minimal direction in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated track record of excellent decision-making abilities; ability to make decisions logically and quickly (as appropriate).
• Outstanding communication skills; ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner across all levels of the organization.
• Software/Technology experience a plus. Global experience is required.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2020-15135
# Positions 1
Position Type Regular
Business Group Corporate