Solarwinds Inc. Senior Test Automation Engineer (Python) in Minsk, Belarus
SolarWinds MSP is seeking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our Engineering team. On this position, you will develop our state-of-the-art product – SolarWinds MSP Backup and Recovery. This is a solution with multi-platform client and server side for managed services providers, system administrators of large enterprises, telecommunication and hosting providers. It provides a hybrid 2-tier backup technology that benefits both from on-premises and cloud based backups.
On the client side as a data source our solution supports backup of file system, network shares, system state, MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SharePoint, VMWare, Hyper-V etc. We develop and use a know-how technology of data de-duplication, including dedicated drivers for backup acceleration. As an alternative way for accessing backed up data we provide mechanism of mounted virtual disks. We develop and provide such features as Bare Metal and Virtual Disaster Recovery that allow restoring physical machines to the brand new physical environment; restoring physical machines to the virtual hosts of Hyper-V, VMWare or to the Azure or Amazon based clouds.
Server side is represented by our own authentic cloud storage platform that protects petabytes of data and dedicated services for the platform management. As our customer base is constantly growing, we work on providing robust, stable, scalable high-performance services. The product is very dynamic, that is why you will learn a lot all the time. The team is balanced, your colleagues will be talented engineers who like to code, create smart and simple solutions, and explore new technologies.
Our team is passionate for quality: we are using a wide range of quality-related industry-standard engineering practices and artifacts such as coding guidelines, code style checking, static code analysis, code coverage tools, mandatory pre-commit code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, crash analytics system and many more. We are open for any fresh ideas and are constantly improving our toolset.
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and result-driven person with good communication skills and the ability to quickly acquire new knowledge. You need to have skills to develop clean self-documented code and follow commonly used best coding python practices. Most of all we want you to be an enthusiastic, talented and happy engineer, developing great products, just as we are.
● Implement and support automated test in python
● Develop new tools and libraries for automation needs
● Gather and analyze test execution results
● Do code reviews
● Provide expertise in coding techniques, test design, test implementation best practice
● Create and maintain test environment
● Create and support test specification
● Register found issues in issue tracker system
● Constantly acquire new knowledge, improve your skills and encourage others by your own example
● Excellent skills in Python 2 / Python 3
● Thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming and ability to use Software design patterns
● Strong knowledge of pytest testing framework and its plugin system
● Excellent knowledge of test strategies and test design best practice
● Experience with Selenium WebDriver
● Knowledge of Windows and *NIX systems
● Ability to create and modify test scenarios
● English language (at least intermediate level)
● Experience in ESXI, HyperV virtualization
● Experience in testing REST API
● Knowledge of cmd, bash, powershell
● SQL skills
● Experience of work with PyCharm, git, Jira, TeamCity, Test Link
● Experience of work in Scrum
We do we offer?
● Work in a friendly team of professionals
● Competitive salary
● Comfortable office in the city center
● Medical service for you and your family
● Free lunches twice a week
● Coffee, tea, juice, milk and other benefits
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2017-9513
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Fixed Term Contract