Solarwinds Inc. Senior Test Automation Engineer (C#) in Minsk, Belarus
Solarwinds MSP is seeking a talented Test Engineer to join our Engineering team to take part in development and testing of our Web Protection product that is a part of Solarwinds MSP RMM family. Web Protection is a solution that protects end-users from connecting to malicious or otherwise undesirable websites in order to keep company networks and devices free from potential outbreaks and maintain a productive workforce.
As part of our layered security offering, Web Protection is the first line of defense for avoiding malware, phishing, adware, botnets and spam. Customers can also monitor their network bandwidth to spot any anomalies that could indicate a compromised workstation or server. With customizable policies, users can choose to avoid certain categories of sites, sites with poor reputations, set their own whitelists and blacklists, schedule access to productivity killing sites to outside of business hours, and view detailed reports of web traffic behavior across their client base.
As a Test Engineer on the Web Protection project, you will be responsible for maintaining high quality standards of the product in a variety of ways. This will involve functional and exploratory testing of new features and improvements, performance testing the Windows Agent, Load Testing Server-side changes, Automating Regression Testing and Post-Live-Verifications. You will need to feel comfortable operating in a windows environment, checking event logs, diagnosing connectivity issues, DNS, as well as basic command line usage. Testing the product itself will involve extensively looking at logs, using cache-free cross-browser sessions, basic querying of local SQLite DBs as well as MS SQL Server. The automation is written in Python and currently contains a performance test suite, API contract tests, and a PLV Test suite. The UI automation is unfinished and there is a version in C# as well as Python .
● Write test plans and test cases throughout the development lifecycle
● Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases
● Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests
● Develop automated regression test suites using automated testing tools
● Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities
● Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven
● Work closely with software developers to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds
● Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results
● Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines
● Collaborate with team to isolate defects and streamline the bug fixing process
● Working with support and performing remotes to resolve customer issues
● Five+ years of detailed quality assurance experience
● Solid knowledge of quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools
● Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources
● Broad experience using different testing tools (jmeter, selenium, etc.). Ability to adapt and learn quickly with any other testing tool
● Extensive Windows experience (ipconfig, DNS, TCP/IP, .NET)
● Experience with RESTful APIs/JSON payloads and Distributed Web Applications
● Experience with HTTP/HTTPS protocols (SSL/TLS)
● Knowledge of debugging tools such as Wireshark, DebugView+● Basic SQL knowledge
● Good understanding of automated testing approaches and ability to write automated tests in C#. Knowledge of Python is a big advantage.
● Experience with Selenium Webdriver (Page-Object Model)
● Experience with AWS - RDS/S3/Cloudwatch
● Experience testing .NET/C#/C/C++ Applications
● Experience with Github/Jenkins
● Load testing, performance testing, whitebox/blackbox, functional, security
● Work in a friendly team of professionals
● Competitive salary
● Comfortable office in the city center
● Medical service for you and your family
● Free lunches twice a week
● Coffee, tea, juice, milk and other benefits
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2017-9594
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Fixed Term Contract