Solarwinds Inc. Senior Developer (C/C++) in Minsk, Belarus
SolarWinds MSP is a world leader in the development of Enterprise Information Technology Infrastructure Management Software. Our continued growth has created a need for a Senior Developer in our Minsk, Belarus office.
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and result-driven person with good communication skills and the ability to quickly acquire new knowledge. You need to have skills to develop clean self-documented code and follow commonly used best coding practices. Most of all we want you to be an enthusiastic, talented and happy engineer, developing great products, just as we are.
As an Agent Developer on the Web Protection project , you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the main application that runs on over 300,000 endpoints.
The Web Protection Agent consists of the follow components that you will need to become familiar with:
● WinDivert Network Packet Capture Library (C, 3rd Party)
● User Kernel Mode Driver (C)
● Brightcloud SDK (C++, 3rd Party)
● Web Protection Engine (C++)
● Windows Service Application (C#)
● Windows System Tray Application (C#)
The application must be performant and have a minimal footprint on the end-user’s browsing experience, system memory and CPU, whilst still providing accurate security against malware and other undesirable web traffic.
As an example, new features could include:
● Design and implement a better user experience of handling blocked HTTPS sites, which requires knowledge of SSL handshakes and encryption.
● Optimize packet inspection and decision making for improved speed and performance
● Collecting user-centric browsing data and report back through the API.
● Independently develop complex features through multiple software layers
● Write exceptional unit tested code and provide technical feedback and assistance on others' code and design
● Using advanced operating systems knowledge to troubleshoot complex issues
● Contribute architecturally on a proprietary service integration platform making extensive use of object oriented design and SOLID principles, to solve complex engineering challenges and create flexible, reusable, and maintainable service integration platform components.
● Identify and addresses root cause of issues, drive problem from its definition till successful completion
● Deliver great software with creativity, passion, and a deep sense of personal ownership
● Hands-on experience with high performance C/C+● Experience with TCP/IP Conversations/Sequencing
● Experience with HTTP/HTTPS protocols (TLS/SSL)/Web Sockets
● DNS Query Message Format
● Experience working with OpenSSL
● Knowledge of Windows Processes/Named Pipes/Services/Kernel Drivers/
● Knowledge of C# is a big advantage
● Experience with RESTful Web Services
● Experience working with Git
● Work in a friendly team of professionals
● Competitive salary
● Comfortable office in the city center
● Medical service for you and your family
● Free lunches twice a week
● Coffee, tea, juice, milk and other benefits
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2017-9595
# Positions 1
Category (Candidate Search) Engineering
Position Type Fixed Term Contract