Solarwinds Inc. Dev Ops / Web Ops Engineer (systems and scripting background) in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, Philippines
• Configuring production web environments (Chef, Team City, BuildMaster)
• Deploying launch ready websites to production
• Monitor and troubleshoot production installation of websites (SolarWinds NPM, SAM, SEUM)
• Maintain deployment scripts to Web Sites and Business Applications
• Maintain Chef recipes and scripts
• Troubleshoot website and Application Services (Windows, IIS, MSMQ)
• Must have a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes.
• Develop strong understanding of production systems including but not limited to Website, Business Services and Content Management System.
• Perform high level analysis of production issues to determine criticality and urgency of the request while working with the business owners to prioritize incoming requests.
• Create strong relationships with the business units by communicating key issues in a timely manner with confidence, accuracy and precision.
• Interface with developers, Quality Assurance and Project Management team to ensure that all production support issues are handled in a timely manner following SDLC policies.
• Performance Metrics reporting
• Manage pool of open tickets/issues and ensure the business is aware of the prioritization.
• Actively monitor on-going alerts with proper levels of communication to the business owner. Accurate problem identification, troubleshooting, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue on multiple levels of incidents.
• Mentors and instructs fellow team members with less experience or narrow-based knowledge in the areas of web and database server administration
• Continually delivers on commitments, and often exceeds expectations for personal growth and in support of the team and overall organization
• Manage and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
• Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures on complex projects.
• Participate in on call rotation
BS degree in a reputable university in Computer Sciences, Electronics and Communications Engineering, MIS or related courses.
At least 2 years of experience on the following:
Experience supporting and deploying Websites
Experience supporting and deploying Windows 2008R2, 2012, and 2012R2
Solid understanding of basic network principles and troubleshooting
Experience of network monitoring tools and protocols (NAGIOS, SNMP, TCP)
Experience of analysing system and network performance using monitoring and graphical data
Experience with Configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
• Experience with any of the following technologies: Powershell, AWS, IIS, .net, MS SQL, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, NginX, Varnish, Citrix Netscalers
• Experience with any of the following tools: Splunk, Puppet, Chef, New Relic, Pingdom or Solarwinds Orion
• Windows Server 2012 knowledge
• Unix/Linux knowledge
• Mastery of at least one scripting language including PERL, Ruby, Python, Shell, Powershell
• Experience leading a team of engineers
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2017-8818
# Positions 1
Location PH-Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
Category (Candidate Search) Information Technology
Position Type Permanent