Solarwinds Inc. Technical Support Rep, Associate in Durham, NC, North Carolina
SolarWinds is the world’s leading SaaS based Software Developer for IT Service Management. We have a passion for helping IT professionals to get control over an increasingly fragmented technology landscape—to deliver business advantage for their customers and organizations. Our integrated IT Service Management platform is cloud-based, full-featured and easy-to-implement via a simple unified dashboard.
SolarWinds is seeking an experienced Technical Support Representative to diagnose and resolve technical issues involving our Backup products. The Technical Support Representative is the key interface between SolarWinds and our customers with the primary goal of making sure overall quality and customer satisfaction goals are exceeded.
This position requires someone who is highly technical, organized, has excellent communication and people skills and follow-through, can use good judgment, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced contact center environment and are passionate about quality but respectful of meeting established deadlines with superior interpersonal skills are encouraged to apply.
Deliver service and support to customers via phone, email, and/or chat.
Provide an exceptional customer experience through issue resolution.
When issues or resolutions cannot be reached through thinking outside of the box, redirect or escalate by collaborating with team members, developers, and/or sales team
Collaborate with team members
Redirect or escalate issues appropriately when issues are outside of support boundaries or when resolution cannot be confirmed (utilizing all available resources; IT, teammates, supervisor, etc.)
Utilize SalesForce to maintain thorough and accurate documentation of cases.
Maintain and continue to develop in-depth knowledge of SolarWinds MSP Backup products and services.
• Seek challenges and take ownership by putting your heart into championing customer issues and creatively thinking of new solutions.
• Says it like it is – no bullshit
• Obsess over customer outcomes with your action and decision-making.
• Executes with passion, believes you can be more thorough self-development and improvement.
• Effective listening, and ability to communicate both verbally and written, professionally.
• Up to 2 yrs of experience in sales, sales support, technical, or customer service role required.
• High School Diploma required, technical degree preferred.
• Knowledge of technical support principles and practices (method of troubleshooting and critical thinking)
• Proficient in Windows operating systems, file structure, registry, and event logs.
• Basic understanding of networking terms and concepts (Firewalls, Routing rules and Protocols)
• Prior experience using/supporting backup products
At the heart of our global operations is a talented and diverse team of professionals committed to making SolarWinds a market leader. We are seeking dedicated, creative and driven individuals to join our team and grow professionally with us. We provide excellent benefits, competitive salaries and promise you a world of opportunities.
Solar Winds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2017-9435
# Positions 1
Location US-NC-Durham, NC
Position Type Full-Time